Recapitulation of KabyArena PROJECT AMA event held at AMA LOVERS CLUB.
Date: Saturday, 21st August, 2021
Time: 12:00 UTC
The KabyArena PROJECT team was represented by @AnhPhan88 and @Nhan_bui who judiciously shared with us detailed knowledge and information about KabyArena PROJECT.
1st Segment: INTRODUCTION
Q1: Can you please introduce yourself and your background, also introduce the team working on KabyArena?
ANS: A bit about myself, I have a background in competitive gaming with Dota 1. With the release of Dota 2 on Steam and Steam Marketplace, I got into collectibles trading and made quite a bit of money in 2013-2014. However, with Steam, you never truly own the items and P2P trading for profit is trust-based and prohibited by Steam. That's why when the idea of NFT game came out, it immediately clicked to me. In Kaby Arena, we want to replicate the success of the Steam Marketplace and their Free-to-play model. I believe by combining them with the trending Play-to-Earn model, Kaby Arena will become a pioneer in NFT gaming.
As for our game studio, we specialize in mobile and web games. The studio consists of 40 team members: 4 in Operation, 30 in Technical Team and 6 Artists. We have developed over 8 titles since the company was founded in 2014, with total metrics reaching over 1.000.000 monthly active users and 300.000 daily active users.
Q2: Can you introduce KabyArena, what critical problems does it solve that existing solutions are not solving and what's the competitive advantage?
ANS: With my background, I always believe NFT trading has very high potential but as far as I know, most NFT games require players to invest first to play the game or to start earning. It is a great barrier to casual players. The consequence is that most NFT games have low daily active users. This isn’t sustainable in the long term, so we want to fix it by using the proven Free-to-Play model of non-NFT games.
Our project aims to capture the missing population of the NFT gaming: normal gamers who are unfamiliar with the crypto market. Before, players of NFT games are usually investors who have prior knowledge of the crypto market, NFT, trading. Now, anyone can start playing Kaby Arena and learn about crypto, step by step. Furthermore, we have mechanics to give them incentive to do research about cryptocurrencies called Crypto Wars.
Q3: Can you briefly describe the top milestones you have achieved and your target milestones with timelines, also share your roadmap?
ANS: - At this point, we are delighted to announce that we've closed the Seed and Private round successfully with reputable VCs with the total of $1.0M raised and the onboarding of two launchpads: RedKite and DAO Maker. We are finalizing the IDO date in the end of this month.
- We received a development grant from the Polygon team: https://medium.com/@kabyarena/kaby-arena-received-developer-grant-from-polygon-matic-c2eec8022baf.
- About the game development, we already have an internal demo version of the game. We will continue working on finalizing details and balancing the game. One of the most time consuming aspect right now is the design & artwork. As you can see from our website & medium articles, the art is gorgeous! We have pride in our design team and we think that is one of our selling points too. From now on until the official launch and even after that, we will continue to expand our team of artists to provide you guys an amazing game!
- As for future roadmap, we are looking forward to a successful IDO & first batch of NFT sales. In October, we will launch a demo version for every players to experience the game first hand. The PvE mode will start in November, and PvP mode in December together with a dev workshop to receive feedback from the community.
Q4: Can you briefly describe your PARTNERSHIPS so far?
ANS: Our two major partners are DAO Maker and Red Kite, they are also the launchpads for our public sale. More details about our other backers can be found at http://kabyarena.com
Q5: You received development grant from polygon, does this make them partner too?
ANS: Our game is developed on the Polygon chain. A partnership between us and Polygon is in discussion but it's not confirmed yet.
Q6: Can you give an overview of your Tokenomics, and the UTILITY of the $KABY Tokens?
ANS: $KABY is our main currency with the total supply of 1B tokens.
The public sale price will be $0.007
$KABY tokens can be used to:
- Exchange for resources or in-game upgrades.
- Speed up time-gated content.
- Mint NFT from free heroes.
- Buy/rent NFT assets.
- Open loot-boxes.
- Wage against other players in PvP battles.
- Stake for interest
For more detail about the tokenomics, please refer to our whitepaper: https://docs.kabyarena.com/whitepaper/tokenomics/tokenomics
2nd Segment: LIVE Questions
Q1: As I was going through your whitepaper, I came across a statement which goes like this "To make a friendly environment for F2P players who are unfamiliar with Cryptocurrency market and NFTs, a mechanism called Crypto War is incorporated into the gameplay to give incentives to such players to do their own research and understand the market". Could you further explain how this mechanics works? For those with little or no knowledge about crypto and NFT, how will they be incentivized through Crypto War?
ANS: Crypto Wars is a free feature that we open to any players to motivate them on researching the crypto market.
It works as follows :
- On Monday, you can connect one cryptocurrency on the market to each of your heroes.
- During the week, based on the fluctuation of the market, your hero will get buffed if the crypto goes up, and vice versa.
- On Sunday, everything resets and you can pick a new set of cryptocurrency.
By understanding the market, you can earn considerable advantages in the game!
Q2: what qualifies a player to participate in the tournament that will be hosted weekly and quarterly.
do a player have to be in a certain level to qualify?
ANS: We have 3 kinds of tournaments:
1. Weekly tournament: everyone can participate, 4 similar rank players will be grouped together. The winner receive the prize and the weekly cup
2. Quarterly tournament: Only the holders of the weekly cups can participate. 8 random players will be grouped together. Winner receive prize and the quarterly cup.
3. Annual tournament: Our biggest event of the year. Holders of quarterly cups can participate. In addition top 100 rank players can participate too. Largest prize pool. Our only concern is the current COVID-19 situation that can prevent offline events.
There is no level limit. You just need to win.
Q3: I was informed that Players who wish may be able to stake their NFTs to get Loot-boxes under Kaby staking. This made me wonder why these loot-boxes are special? Can you tell me the advantages of holding a Loot box that could have been so much that a player would be interested in Staking his/her NFTs for loot-boxes? Meanwhile, talking about your features called "Hero Fusion", is it possible to merge or fuse two respective NFT heros to produce an offspring regardless of the NFTs gender?
ANS: Loot-boxes are mystery treasure chests that give out a variety of rewards when opened, you may receive items, cosmetics, special effects and even NFT heroes! Staking NFT for loot-boxes is a form of passive income given to players who own our NFT assets.
Any two NFT heroes can be fused, our units have no gender. The offspring will inherit some traits from the parent whether it's the element, attributes or the skills, etc.
Q4: Will players be categorized based on level in the game?
And will players be matched randomly across different levels or will players from the same level category be matched against?
ANS: To ensure fairness to every players, we employ an ELO ranking algorithm (not base on level but rank) and a dynamic matchmaking system.
- Players of similar rank will be matched together.
- Players has the option to choose match to only other F2P or Premium players.
- The Crypto War mechanism will be a crucial tool for F2P players to level the playing field vs Premium.
Q5: I see that you have a background in digital collectibles trading. So you should understand the importance of a fair and open marketplace for a game like the RPG NFT GAMING. So how do you ensure that the platform satisfy the various needs carried out by users within the gaming environment?
ANS: I understand very well the need of a free market. Every assets of Kaby Arena are fully tradable, not just the NFTs but also our loot-boxes, equipment, upgrades in the form of ERC1155 tokens.
Follow Us On Our Various Social Media Communities For More Update;
Thank you very much 🙏
You can stay updated by subscribing to our social media:
FOLLOW AMA LOVERS CLUB ON:
Telegram Group: https://t.me/amaloversclub
Telegram Channel: https://t.me/amaloversclub_channel